Saturday, March 25, 2006

Ouch!

I went under on Thursday morning and had three wisdom teeth removed. Two happened to be compacted so the doc gave it to me straight and said I’d be uncomfortable for a while.

I was nervous; scared even I’d never gone under before. After the doctor fumbled with my veins for a bit I stared feeling sleepy and the next thing I remember is opening my eyes and feeling the surgical assistants putting something in my mouth. I was scared that they weren’t finished but luckily for me they were just putting gauze in my mouth. I felt a little groggy but fine. A friend of mine came to pick me up and drove me home.

On our way there we stopped by the CVS near my house and low and behold they didn’t have any percocept to fill my prescription. Da hell!?!?! So we go to another CVS across the river (Souffff east) they don’t have it either. My blood has soaked through the gauze by now and I’m getting pissed so I have them call another CVS on the Hill and sure enough they have it. I’m not a conspiracy theorist (ha! How many times have I said that on this blog) but damm WTF hoodrats can’t get their percocept on?!?

Anyway I get home, am still numb from the Novocain and the anesthesia but I eat a bit of soup and down a few ibuprofen and the percocept. For the next two days I’m chilling in a fog of medication until last night I decided to wean myself off the drugs and go to sleep. I woke up this morning feeling like Kanye’s through the wire. Got damm I hurt now.

Morale of the story: There is medicinal discrimination going on in the hood, don’t get cocky and try to wean yourself off the meds too soon and having your wisdom teeth removed will hurt A LOT once the meds wear off.

No comments: