Sunday, August 06, 2006

Secrets and Such

I have some and no, I won’t tell you people otherwise they won’t be secrets. I’ve learned over the years that the only way to keep a secret is to not tell anyone, not a soul. Sounds pretty simple doesn’t it? Unfortunately some people don’t realize that you can’t tell people your secret and not expect it to get out. The following scenario has me shaking my head and trying to find the right moment to let the secret teller know that the supposed secret and its details she confirmed telling to only a handful of people have crossed continents and found its way across the Washington DC metropolitan area.

Secrets that involve sex, scandal and work colleagues are hot and too juicy to just let slide for most people. They’re like trying to grill asparagus with sesame oil, you’ll get a lot of smoke and if you’re not careful fire. That’s why I always say: “Don’t get your meat where you get your bread”. Do you really want your love life talked about at the water cooler, dinner parties and across the pond?

No comments: