Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Ring

I’m in a boxing ring, both a referee and a coach, caught between a rock and a hard place. The warring factions: the recipient client, funding client, and the boss. Being yelled at as I enforce the rules. The fans wanting to have their say. None of them understand each other and I don’t think they’re willing too actually. As I talk and cajole, ask them to view each others side, to make some headway I feel the weights getting heavier on my shoulders.

Today for a few minutes I longed for a 9 to 5 job one where I turned on my computer at 9:01 AM and turned it off at 4:59 PM without worrying about the work until the next day at 9:01 AM. That isn’t really what I want but these last few weeks have really tested my patience. It’s hard but so is life. This is what I want to do, it’s challenging but I wonder how much challenge can my shoulders bear. I’ve wanted to do this for as long as I can remember so I’m living my dream right? Maybe it isn’t the subject of the battle that’s weighing me down. Tax Administration, uh uhhhh! Maybe I shouldn’t be thinking only of better countries but of better subjects.

No comments: