Monday, August 14, 2006

I've Got the Blues..

And I’m not sure why. I’m usually in an upbeat mood but today for some reason I’m just feeling pissy. Maybe it’s because today is my first day back in the office after being on vacation for a week. Maybe it’s because I’m leaving tomorrow for a 3 ½ week work trip. International travel isn’t the hotness right now and I hope I can at least take a book to read with me on the plane. I’ll go stir crazy with nothing to occupy my time for 17 hours.

I can’t remember the last time I was in an “uhhhh” mood and didn’t know what caused it. One of our admins came into my office to discuss something and when she droned on I could feel myself tensing and I literally had to keep myself still because all I wanted to do was turn back to my computer and ignore her.

Whenever I need a pick me up at work and head for the vending machine for a bag of cheetos. There is nothing like that crunchy cheesy goodness to help me feel so much better BUT as part of my eat well, live well, loose weight goal I’m ignoring my need and drinking a bottle of water instead and eating a mini bag of popcorn with no butter (Just 100 calories MNM).

Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.

No comments: