Friday, April 21, 2006

Status Update

Remember our cleaning lady from November ’05 and February ’06? Well she’s gone and we have a new social security card holding one. The staff here helped the old one find another job and she’s also doing odd jobs here and there, cleaning apartments. *Sigh* I wish I could afford a lady back home in D.C.

Some of you reading this know about the issues with the guy who was in charge of our project here. He just wasn’t working out and well today was his last day on the job. We haven’t found a replacement yet but we’re looking.

I didn’t realize how much I actually missed being here and working here with our local staff who are great. I might change my tune closer to my departure date but so far this is day 2 in the office and aside from some misunderstanding around a local contract issue it’s all groovy.

Spring is here in Yerevan and the outdoor cafes have opened up. One thing I absolutely love about Europe are their outdoor cafes. I have visions of sipping cappuccinos while people watching. Dinners sitting out on patios and nights out with some cool colleagues.

Have a fabulous weekend!

No comments: