Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Mood Swings

I’m not sure why but I’m in a funk this morning, I woke up, showered, fed the animals, made my usual Latte with skim milk to go and got in my ride. I turned on the radio and my jam kryptonite is playing…flip on the cd player and I’m jamming to my favorite Haitian group. Traffic is flowing then I’m stuck going 20 miles an hour for 15 minutes on GW parkway a little worried because I have a 9AM conference call and this delay will make me late but I switched out the first CD and now Mary is singing Be without you on repeat so I’m relaxed.

I get to the office turn on the computer and slam, bombarded with emails and a sense of dread, the weather outside is all cloudy, foggy and just uhhh! It’s amazing how weather can affect someone’s mode and how a bag of Crunchy Cheetos can help move the funk level over a notch towards the good side. Cheetos and San Pellegrino sparking water how my worlds collide. Those cheetos won’t help me with the six pack I want but sometimes a girls gotta do what she has to.

The weather sucks here but I just talked to my boy and the weather in San Diego will be in the mid 70’s all weekend while I’m out there. That helped move the funk meter over a notch as well.

No comments: