Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hustle and Struggle

Hustle and Struggle that’s what I heard for five minutes as I tried to contort my body into a position designed to work my ab muscles. Damm it hurt so bad! Have you ever tried doing sit ups or ab exercises when you’re out of shape in that area? It feels like someone is trying to rip your guts out. Power through the trainer yelled out. I’m seriously trying really hard, no pain no gain right.

I’m on a mission to get this 32 year old body back into shape. I don’t want to be that chick; you know the one who let herself go after she turned 30. I want to be in shape and get my metabolism back on track so I’m not huffing and puffing after climbing a few flight of stairs. I want to get myself together so I feel confident and can stop cursing myself in the mirror because my clothes are tight.

My goal is to loose 20 pounds in 3 months, can I do it? I believe I can, if I put my mind to it and not use my constant business traveling as an excuse to not exercise or eat well. The only depressing thought is that I’ll need to do this for the rest of my life.

No comments: