Sunday, November 12, 2006

Dear Blog,

I apologize for neglecting you over the last week and a half. I’ve been crazy busy with the Armenians who were in town but that’s not an excuse because I’ve been busy before and had no problem blogging. I’m not sure if I’m going through writers block or if I’m suffering from topic withdrawal. Life is good but I just haven't had anything really exciting to blog about lately.

This weekend I made my first Indian meal and it wasn’t too bad. As my own critic I thought the Ginger Chicken Kebabs I made were tasty but the Dal (Lentils/split peas) were ok. There was something missing and I can’t put my finger on it yet. I figure I’ll have to make it again this week and step it up regarding flavor. I made enough for dinner on Saturday and for my book club meeting tonight where only the Hostess and another of our friends showed up. Everyone who said they’d attend suddenly had other pressing issues to deal with. I’ll have to rethink my food choices next time I host it since I have so much food left over that I’m going to have to work hard to eat so it won’t go to waste. Maybe I’ll make those stuffed mushrooms I’d planned on making for lunch this week.

Saturday was such a gloriously fabulous day and I was able to spend a few hours outside, volunteering for the Washington Humane Society’s remote adoption unit. Basically we sat outside of a pet store in DC and let the dog’s cuteness attract potential adopters. I took the dog I was in charge of for a walk and managed to get a few people who were eating outside at the local restaurants to come check our booth out.


Thank god the elections are over, I’m so sick and tired of those attacking political ads that only lessen my faith in our country’s political system. No one talks about the issues anymore just about something the other candidate said out of context 20 years ago. I can’t imagine that the people of the DC/MD/VA metropolitan area approve of these tactics and we all need to stand together to get them to STOP! Luckily for me I live in DC and not MD otherwise I would have been bombarded by phone calls as well.

Remember a few months ago when I blogged about cheating on my hairdresser with a new person and a new salon? Well it’s been a blessing and a curse. The new place is great, I make an appointment and I’m usually seated in the stylist’s chair within 10 to 15 minutes of my appointment time. Now the curse is that I’m not used to going to a person who actually honors appointments so I’m not used to making appointments way in advance when I know the hairdressers I usually go to will take in most folks first come, first serve. So when I called yesterday to make an appointment with the stylist I’ve been going to at the new shop I learned that she’s booked until the 24th. At this place there’s no such thing as squeezing someone in unless there’s a cancellation. I guess I’ll have to schedule my appointments well in advance from now on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, the fact that your hairdresser doesn't do the squeeze thing might be cool. at least you know that you won't have to sit here all day long to get your hair done. if i find a hairdresser like that i might actually go to the salon regularly lol.

Rainmayun said...

I live in DC, and I got a few calls, but not many. Somehow, one of the campaigns actually got my cell number. I didn't curse them out, as was my first thought, but I did let the lady know that they need not ever be calling that number again.

Anonymous said...

HONEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me been missing you chica! Don't know how I missed you yesterday as I checked a couple of times to see if you had something new up.

Glad to see you're volunteering. I love doing it too...makes me feel like I'm a good person. ROFL!

Regarding the election...Thank you GEEVUS!

Hairstylist...holla atcha girl and let me know who it is. I need my ends dusted.

Anonymous said...

I love having appts. I go to one of those places where folks (me) have appts in the book all the way through to Feb. But once you've been going there a while and you clal sorta last miute, she does try to squeeze you in but only as long as you understand you'll be waiting a while.

Honest said...

@ Kiesha -- Not having to wait for an unknown amount of time is wonderful!
@ rainmayun -- really? I guess I was lucky.
@ Creole -- I'm back! lol! Sent you an email with the info.
@ Hostess -- I think I'm going to start making appts when I leave the salon and just stick to them.