Monday, June 18, 2007

Excuses

You ever talk to someone who has an excuse for everything! Who is always justifying their actions because they know they shouldn't be doing x, y or z. I seem to be surrounded by indecisive people and people who have excuses for things that they KNOW are unacceptable. I’m not throwing rocks because I live in a glass house. I KNOW I shouldn't have bought and ate that bag of cheetos when I stopped for gas last week. So what if I’d just ran for 20 minutes on the treadmill. I used that tidbit and a crazed work day as my excuse therefore I had no one but myself to blame when I couldn't fit into a pair of shorts from last year.
There are reactions for every action even if you don’t think your actions warranted that reaction. Am I making any sense? I’m not saying you have to watch every single thing you do or anticipate every reaction. BUT you do have to think about how your actions are going to affect the people around you.

6 comments:

The OE said...

The secret agent training manual lists airplanes as one of many enemies of well fitting clothes.

Anonymous said...

Does he mean traveling makes one gain weight? Why so cryptic?

Anonymous said...

My brother is the biggest liar, excuse me, maker of excuses and tales, that I know! Damn!

Luke Cage said...

Honest, are you talking about me not coming to this blog enough? Well, truth be told I was airbrushing all weekend, then I watched a whole slew of movies, I ran out of gas and needed the entire weekend to find a great price to fill Ingrid at and then, and then I had to cut my hair. Yeah! Cut my hair, and then I.. I.. geez, I just ran out of excuses ;)

-lol- seriously though. Yes, I know some folks who do have an excuse for.every.damn.thing! No responsibility having mofo's. It's always someone else besides them that are the catalysts to them not completing something.

glory said...

excuses are aggravating, period. (even when i have them, it's aggravating having to have them!)

CreoleInDC said...

People like this are very selfish. Excuses mean it could NEVER be their own fault and therefore no accountability will be forthcoming. Selfish people should be kept at arms length.